Sunday 16 February 2014

Hair Detangler for Cents

I don't know about you, but I really struggle to pay full price for kids and babies "necessities". So often items are sold to us as essential, when in reality they are merely an advertising gimmick sent to us by companies whose entire purpose is to make money from parents who are desperate to do the best for their kids.

In walks hair detangler!

My daughter loves her hair. It is long. It is straight. It is proof that she is a princess.

However, when she gets up in the morning, my little princess looks more like a little bramble bush. Her hair is incredibly knotty and difficult to brush.

And so begins the daily battle of readying ourselves for school. She fights. She yells. But every morning the result is the same. Long, straight hair that looks as if no one ounce of effort has gone into creating that princess effect.

One day, in desperation, I went to the supermarket looking for anything that would help tame the tangles that we faced every morning. I went from shop to shop, and eventually found something called "hair detangler". Perfect! At not so perfect a price. It lasts 2 months. Every 2 months I am expected to fork out $6.99 for something that can be made at home for less than a dollar.

Here is my money-saving solution. Its really quite simple. All it needs is two ingredients and very little time.

Simple Hair Detangler


You will need:
A good quality conditioner - we use Tresemme bulk conditioner
Warm water
Strong arms

Method:
  1. Squirt 3/4 inch of conditioner into the bottom of a spray bottle. I used the original hair detangler bottle once we had emptied it.
  2. Fill the rest of the bottle with warm water, leaving an inch of air.
  3. Close the lid and shake until the conditioner has melted into the warm water.
  4. Fill with warm water to the top and seal.
  5. Your hair detangler is ready to use!
Enjoy having smooth, shiny hair that brushes easily!

4 comments :

Unknown said...

Oh perfect! I need this for my little boy! His hair is quite long, but it's so curly it looks short. And it's a nightmare getting the tangles out! Thanks for the tip!

Unknown said...

And I really like the new look of your blog!

Unknown said...

I just nominated you for the Liebster Award! http://www.amummyslifenz.com/2014/06/liebster-award-nominations.html

Rodriguez said...

Hey, nice site you have here! Keep up the excellent work!

Hair Detangler for Kids

Post a Comment

 
Copyright (c) 2010 Homemade in New Zealand . Design by WPThemes Expert
Themes By Buy My Themes .