Tuesday 20 August 2013

Frugal Baby Play

Today I'm feeling tired.

And a tired mummy is not a very creative mummy.

So to keep Mr T busy and stimulated, I came up with an activity that taught lots of skills, cost nothing, and kept him entertained for a VERY long time!

All I needed was a ball and a bowl.

My goal was for him to explore the sound of the ball rolling around in the bowl. Boy was I wrong! Mr T was not particularly impressed with my plan of events. He picked up the balls one at a time and threw them away, then turned the bowl upside down.
 

Mummy fail.

Until I had a brilliant idea. Why not hide the balls UNDERNEATH the bowl???

Bingo!

After showing him where the balls were and how to lift the bowl up, I stepped back and let him create his own learning.

I almost needed popcorn. The entertainment was priceless.

First, Mr T circled the bowl, pushing it around and growling when he was unable to flip it over.


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Next he tried banging on it.


He then spent almost 5 minutes pushing the bowl backwards and forwards, enjoying the sound of the ball hitting the bowl.
 
 
And repeat. Many times.

Eventually he just sat back and gave me this look....
 
 
So before you think that you need high tech, expensive toys to keep your little one entertained....look no further than your kitchen!

 
 
What items from around the home does your little one like to play with?

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 
Copyright (c) 2010 Homemade in New Zealand . Design by WPThemes Expert
Themes By Buy My Themes .